Kościół w Podżylinach

Żyliny

Access via Geneo search engine:
  • Deaths: 1938-2013 (updated: 21 February 2018)
  • Annexes: 1928-1935 (updated: 6 December 2017)
AP NoDatesWhereSignatureFS NoJZI NoIndexesRemarks
1930-1948Parish102
1949-1956Parish103
1957-1980Parish104
1975-1984Parish105
1980-1987Parish106
1985-2013Parish107
AP NoDatesWhereSignatureFS NoJZI NoIndexesRemarks
1940-1946Parish204
1949-1969Parish205
1975-2013Parish206
AP NoDatesWhereSignatureFS NoJZI NoIndexesRemarks
1938-1948Parish204
1949-1974Parish205
1975-2013Parish206
AP NoDatesWhereSignatureFS NoJZI NoIndexesRemarks
1928AP Suwałki63/786/0/2/1601
1929AP Suwałki63/786/0/2/2602
1930AP Suwałki63/786/0/2/3603
1931AP Suwałki63/786/0/2/4604
1932AP Suwałki63/786/0/2/5605
1933AP Suwałki63/786/0/2/6606
1934AP Suwałki63/786/0/2/7607
1935AP Suwałki63/786/0/2/8608

Indeksy wg formatu JZIIndexes according to JZI format

Indeksy według formatu genetekiIndexes according to geneteka format

Brak indeksówNo indexes

Nie podlegające indeksacjiNot indexable

Żyliny, wś i os. leśn., pow. suwalski, gm. Kukowo, par. Bakałarzewo, odl. od Suwałk 8 w. Wś ma 16 dm., 118 mk.; os. leś. 1 dm., 21 mk. W 1827 r. było 5 dm., 29 mk.

From the MARTYRIA Diocese of Ełk monthly

The parish in Podżyliny was founded thanks to the initiative and care of Fr. prelate Stanisław Szczęsnowicz - then a priest of the diocese of Łomża and a rector of the Suwałki St. Alexander parish. He was also the founder of the temple. The construction of the church began on September 14, 1924. Materials were acquired from wooden military barracks in Suwałki, which were demolished and built in stone. Work on the construction of the church was carried out by local people. On August 26, 1926, Father Stanisław Szczęsnowicz consecrated the temple and celebrated the first Mass there. On September 10, 1927, Bishop of Łomża, Stanisław Łukomski, founded the parish of Our Lady of Częstochowa with the parish church in Podżyliny.

Thanks to priest Witold Górski, the local rector and builder of the present presbytery, the name Podżyliny was changed in state and church documents to Żyliny. Currently, twelve villages belong to the parish. The parish has 670 people. This number is made up of 163 families. In the years 1999–2002, parishioners on the initiative of the then rector, priest Jan Adaszczyk, they thoroughly refurbished the temple. The parish has a cemetery about 600 meters from the church towards Bakałarzewo. The parish is located in three communes: Suwałki, Raczki and Bakałarzewo.

 
Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.