The eleventh lock on the Augustów Canal. It is situated on the 69.1 km counting from the Biebrza side. The concrete-brick structure, the chamber dimensions are 43.31 x 6.05 m, the level difference is 2.44 m. A 2.5 m high bridge passes over the lock along the local road. Around the lock there is the village of Mikaszówka, which dates back to the mid-seventeenth century. Before the lock, the channel passes through the complex of Mikaszowskie Lakes (L. Mikaszewo and L. Mikaszówek).
The twelfth lock on the Augustów Canal, located on 71.2 kilometer of the channel, counting from the Biebrza side. It connects the artificial part of the canal with the section running along the canalized riverbedl of Czarna Hańcza. Built in 1828 by Lieutenant Eng. Konstanty Jodko. The lock length is 44.40 m, width is 6.10 m, and the level difference is 2.98 meters.
The thirteenth lock on the Augustów Canal, located at 74.4 km, counting from the Biebrza side. (This section of the canal is a regulated riverbed of the Hańcza river) Originally it was not planned. Its construction was necessary because during high water levels dammed water destroyed hydrotechnical devices. The project was amended by civil engineer Teodor Urbański, probably after consultations with General Ignacy Prądzyński. An auxiliary channel was also built then, draining excess water to the Szlamica River near Rygol. The lock was built in the years 1837-1838 by Ing. Jakub Szeffer. The lock's length is 45.35 m, width 6.08 m, and the level difference is 1.72 m. On the auxiliary channel there is a chandor (valve) drain.
The fourteenth lock on the Augustów Canal (counting from the side of Biebrza located on 77.4 kilometer). Built in 1828-1829 by Edward Tadeusz Bieliński and Michał Horain. One-chamber lock with a length of 43.4 m, width: 5.94 m. Closed from the end of World War II until a major renovation in 2005-2008. The border of Poland runs through the middle of the channel section behind the lock.
It is the fifteenth lock through which the Polish-Belarusian border runs. The lock was built by Konstanty Jodko and Fryderyk Wielchorski in 1829. Formerly, on the other side of the lock, which was crossed over the drawbridge, was the village of Kurzyniec. It was founded before 1645 as a small settlement of ore miners. In 1688 the settlement was called Ruda on Hańcza, and in the 19th century it was the habitat of a forest guard. In 1939, after the invasion of the Russians, the inhabitants were probably deported or shot. Apparently, even now human bones could be found sometimes on the banks of the Canal. Currently, there is no trace of the village, and the arable fields are overgrown with forest. This is how the village of Kurzyniec was described in the Geographical Dictionary of the Kingdom of Poland: "Kurzyniec - government village, poviat Augustów, commune Wołowiczowce, parish Teolin. It lies on the banks of the Augustów Canal, among pine forests, on sands; miserable huts, poor people, live on fishing, burning tar, sowing buckwheat. There is 10 houses, In 1827 there were 12 houses, 76 inhabitants. Official list of localities of Suwałki Governorate"
Dziennik Poznański, #120/1860
In connection with the opening of the commission house in Aleksota, an article appeared in Dziennik Poznański, No. 120 from 1860, describing why the Augustów Canal never attained the significance attributed to it during design and construction. But there is a lot of information about the economic situation of the Augustów Governorate, the main export goods. The author also suggests that the economic situation could be improved by the creation of the House of Orders for Augustów Farmers. Was there one like this?